Saturday, October 8, 2011

Find Your Voice & Trust It

Welcome. Glad to have you join in.

This blog is intended to be a journey of expression. For a number of years now, I've been seeking the courage and discipline to share a variety of thoughts, ideas, and experiences through creative writing. Sharing one’s voice and vision is a powerful experience. It holds the potential to impact others in positive and negative ways. It’s been intimidating for me to open up this avenue within. It feels like an exposure of my soul that holds the possibility of rejection and criticism. The thoughts that pour through my head make me wonder if the ideas I’m attempting to convey are intelligent and not convoluted, thoughtful and not hurtful, and honest, not veiled. I wonder if the writing itself will be technically sound, as well as intriguing, not boring. I can be rather critical of myself, yet I also believe in the process. Sharing one’s voice also holds the possibility of freedom, enlightenment, and learning. 

I genuinely believe that to awaken, one must find their voice and trust it. That voice can be any manner of expression, whether it’s through the written word, a piece of music, a painting, or simply in leading by example through the lifestyle choice one makes. While these are personal forms of expression, you in fact become selfless by sharing these ideas with others. Perhaps someone will hear just what they need to at that moment in time in their lives to inspire them to change and grow. With this in mind, I’m going to let go of those fears as best I can and trust you, the readers, to share with me as this blog rolls on.

Through these writings, I intend to explore a variety of subjects ranging from nature, sustainability, educational philosophy, athletics, and traveling, to relationships, communication, community, health, and much more. I also intend to offer some reflection on life through current & past experiences (both shared and solo), thoughts on future dreams, critical analysis of a variety of stories, excerpts from a collection of evolving novel writings, photographs, links to a host of interesting pieces, and hopefully a little bit of fun.

Given the nature of my life, the posts will likely be sporadic, but I hope you enjoy it, and I encourage you to share your thoughts along the way. Perhaps we'll learn a bit from each other as we go. Our perspectives might vary. Perhaps they will even change. I ask only that you be respectful if you do choose to share your thoughts.

With that, let’s go exploring!

1 comment:

  1. Josh, I'm glad you are embarking on a new personal adventure. I've been keeping my blog since 2008 and truly find enjoyment in capturing the little things in life.... I look forward to reading your posts. God speed and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete